PATTERDALE PARISH COUNCIL
c/o 4 Grassthwaite Howe, Glenridding, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0PY
Clerk to the Council: Charlene Bell Tel: 07747587635 E. Mail: email@example.com
For details of the Council's activities log on to www.patterdale-pc.org.uk
A meeting of the Council will take place on Monday 16th September 2019 in Glenridding Public Hall commencing at 7.30pm and you are hereby summoned to attend to consider the undermentioned business. Planning applications may be viewed at www.lakedistrict.gov.uk/planning
Charlene Bell - Clerk
- Apologies, Neil Hughes
- To approve the minutes of the Meeting of the Council held at Glenridding Public Hall on Monday 15th July 2019 (available on the website).
- Declarations of Interest/Dispensations To receive declarations of interest from Members in respect of items contained within this agenda and to consider any requests for a Dispensation to speak.
- Public Open Forum. Residents of the Parish are invited to give their views and question to Parish Council on issues on this Agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman. District and County Councillors may report. Mike Sweeny from Ski Club to do a quick talk.
(i) Any other meetings attended by Members
(i) To approve Orders for payment (sheet will be circulated at the Meeting)
(ii) Any other outstanding financial matters – for discussion only
- Matters of Information
A - from the Chairman
B - from the Clerk: HMRC (Cumbria Payroll Services) , VAT (£1645.87),
C - from Members (to include Heritage Centre Update from Steve Sykes and Greesnide Road parking update from Steve Sykes and Maddy Teasdale)
- Devolving services from Eden District Council, Footway Lighting, Toilets, Jenkins Field etc Chairman to update
- Patterdale Community Land Trust To receive updates Cllr Teasdale to Report
- Memorial Cottage To receive updates on improvements Chairman and Councillors to report
- Lengthsman & Flood Group Update To receive any updates Chairman to report
- Highways To receive current information. To report CCC feedback on following issues raised:
- Kirkstone use by HGVs/Coaches
- Kirkstone Closed signs
- Falling Rocks walkway and parking issues
- Steamer Road Crossing and Footway opposite Glenridding Hotel
7/2019/3096, Cherry Holme, The Square, Glenridding, Penrith, CA11 0PF, Alterations and extensions to east elevation; including alterations to entrance hallway, first floor extension and alterations to the roof
7/2019/3092, Glenedge, Glenridding, Penrith, CA11 0PG, Proposed single storey front extension
7/2019/3103, Striding Edge Hostel & Swirrel Camping Barn, Greenside Road, Glenridding, CA11 0QS,
Conversion of traditional stone buildings, currently used as a hostel and camping bothy,
into 3 cottages for short-term holiday letting.
REFUSAL on the grounds that we do not support this application. The barn was meant for underprivileged children have access to the outdoors, NOT more holiday cottages. There are already a VERY high number of holiday cottages in the parish and not a need for any more. The need for local houses are a greater need for the parish.
We sincerely hope that the LDNP will not support this as it will set a very poor precedent of change of use. We’d rather see it turned into local occupancy homes.
7/2019/3084, Patterdale Hall, Glenridding, Penrith, CA11 0PT, Reinstatement of stone gate post damaged by impact
7/2019/3111/12, Wordsworth Cottage, Patterdale, Penrith, CA11 0NP, Erection of garden room, replacement-repair of existing windows to match and fenestration redecoration
AWAITING PPC DECISION
7/2019/3104, Application to modify S106 Agreement on planning approval reference 7/1993/3072, STYAN BEW, HARTSOP, PENRITH, CA11 0NZ
REFUSAL on the grounds that it will set a new precedent and people will not respect ‘local occupancy clause’ The owners new this before they purchased the house’
Clerk questioned LDNP as to why ‘Modify S-106’ doesn’t require Parish feedback. Awaiting response from LDNP
- 7/2019/3085, Land at Greenside Road, Glenridding, CA11 0QG, Outline permission for residential development
Approval with reason that Patterdale Parish Council presumes that this will be a local occupancy residential development and we wholeheartedly support this.
AWAITING LDNP DECISION
- 7/2019/3066, Glenwood, Glenridding, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0PG
Retrospective application for land forming works to facilitate car parking area
Refused by LDNP 3/9/19